Responsible Gaming in Uganda – We can do it
The gaming industry is a fast growing one in Uganda and this is majorly because it can really bring revenue into your pocket. However, if you are to benefit from the industry, you need to understand how it works. It is easy to get carried away with all the winnings and promises of winnings that you even forget all the other aspects of life that you are supposed to get focused on. We have all seen those people who think about nothing else but betting from the moment they wake up till the sun goes down. It is such people who give the industry a bad name.
Thin line between the fun and gambling addiction
When you enter gaming with the aim of getting life changing money or thinking that it should become your full time job, it gets a bit crazy. There is really a thin line between having fun at the casino and getting a gambling addiction. Gambling addictions can not only be harmful to your health physically and mentally, but can also place a lot of stress on your friends and family. It is for this reason that you need to understand how to practice safe gaming so that at the end of the day, you have fun while staying healthy at the same time and still get to walk away with some money.
But first, let’s look at the definition of gambling addiction. The best way to describe anything has always been by example. If you go out to play and in your mind your focus is winning at any cost and even go to the extent of spending money that you cannot afford to lose, for example spending your rent money or tuition or even your last coin and can even borrow huge sums of money for the sake of gaming; there is a high likelihood that you might have an addiction and should seek help immediately.
Responsible gaming is really about taking some of the measures below:
- Have a budget before you get in the game: Knowing how much you want to spend before you start playing is very important.
- Limit the size of your bets: Most responsible gaming sites have this option which will help especially during those times when you get carried away by all the action.
- Play for pleasure: Remember you starting gaming to have some fun at the end of the day so whenever it gets to a point that you are getting depressed, angry or even feel anxious; that is the wrong kind of gaming and you should stop or seek help immediately.
- Do not raise the stakes: You should appreciate the fact that you will not win all the time but will occasionally lose some games. So trying to get back what you have lost might not work. If you keep losing, do not raise the stakes thinking it’ll help you win your money back. This will have taken the fun out of gaming and will lead to further frustration and anxiety.
- Manage your finances: Only play with money that you can afford to lose. Do not stake money that is meant to cover essentials or which will lead to neglect of other financial obligations.
All in all, gaming should be fun and should not create unnecessary stress in your life. For parents, we recommend that you monitor your children closely and ensure that they do not visit any websites they are not supposed to. Parental controls can help with this. Practice safe gaming and have fun the right way.
25+ Play responsibly. Gambling can be addictive. Play accordingly to the applicable laws of your jurisdiction.